• Attention!
    • In order to participate in the discussion, you need an account on forum.events.the-west.net.​
      • If you have a game account, register a forum account here: Create forum account
        Important: You cannot comment with your account from your home server (e.g. you cannot vote with an account from the German servers)! You have to have a separate registration on our Events Server!​
      • If you don't have a game account register here or send us an e-mail and we will create a game account for you: west-ts@support.innogames.com
        Please send us your desired nickname! Your account will be linked to the e-mail address from which you contact us! Please expect at least 48 hours for the account creation.​

Provide your feedback for IFBC 4

Choose small fort size:

• 46 vs 42

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • 48 vs 42

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • 50 vs 44

Votes: 32 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkuletzz

Unassigned
Have you ever tried battles with basic items? In my opinion rebalance from fixed bonuses was done wrongly - there are so many nonsenses (like op slouch hat, bowler hat compare to f.e. calvary hats), basic set items not fitting into sets of individual part, hats being probably stronger than the rest of the clothing in general. There aren´t any good animals, people would have to click for new products and so on. From my experience, when we tried battles for fun with old equipment - it was catastrophically boring, because noone was able to inflict serious damage and bonuses were just too strong. For me it´s a shame, because instead of IFBC being pinnacle of battles, in this format it´s going to be pinnacle of absurdity and nostalgia. :(
No it was not, DE had a fort event with basic clothes, was a total success, we had an event with basic clothes, total success, if you didn't play this type of event, just shut up.

Syntex

Admin
Event Coordinator
Community Manager
My issue is timing. If we'd started 1st March as suggested, we would've finished before the high vacation season. We're supposed to have a practice event as well. So by my most optimistic estimates, we get the practice server in April, we start in May... May, June, mid-July... I can't see many people - with life outside The West - being very enthusiastic about being online every single evening. And you bet we all want active teams. With the delays we've faced until now (so the likelihood is it's meant to start around June!), my (possibly unpopular) suggestion is to postpone the actual Championship to September, maybe even October - even instead of new worlds (although I'm not sure this is within your options). Also, on the topic of new worlds, I know some language versions get them around May, so starting a new world (an ugly phenomenon in itself, but inevitable) AND battling in a Championship?

Or are we really creating an event meant for veteran nostalgia, where the daily battle is the last blink of light in an otherwise bleak life and the championship the height of summer expectations?

Because I'd hope the Championship could be a great advertising opportunity to get new players...
We aim to start it in April, so it should end in June.

Madagog

Unassigned
Well we had just three options to vote for so I voted for C basicaly because of small fort size and 60 team members. Another thing is timing and gear setting and I think now this is actually place to talk about it.

From the announcement I am not rly sure when will the event actually start. And as people mentioned before summer is quite bad time for the event. We also need some time to prepare.

And about the gear... Using just old items is quite challenging. I like the idea of looking for the best pieces from basic items but it has to be justified in battles. It rly could be boring compared to battles now with the best sets and it will be definetly different For example best distribution of characters, importance of towers and walls bonuses and so on. If we wantd to play with that properly we would have to all practice with such gear otherwise it would be random for us to chose charcters or strategies. So I think it shouldnt be so diferent from the battles we play now and I would still appreciate considering adding more items.

Theres an example of stats from possible gear compared to cortina: https://prnt.sc/40QQvWZ1lZON
Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

GAP20

Unassigned
a fortbattle with basic clothing is boring, I find shop end events sets better

Last edited:

EREWAN

Unassigned
No it was not, DE had a fort event with basic clothes, was a total success, we had an event with basic clothes, total success, if you didn't play this type of event, just shut up.

Kinda rude for no reason, we had events like this and its super boring and unbalanced. Good selection of fort sets would make fights much more entertaining

firet0uch

Unassigned
Regarding the sets vs. no sets discussion: I dont get why we discuss such points after a very clear voting for this option, that had this "no-set-policy".

I think this is a key point of this idea and a majority voted for this option.

raketak95

Unassigned
Thanks for your matured advice - I though the discussion is about sharing opinions, but in DE you are probably used to some sort of dictate. :( Nevermind, I got the answer for what I've wanted to know and adjust my participation accordingly.

Syntex

Admin
Event Coordinator
Community Manager
Thanks for your matured advice - I though the discussion is about sharing opinions, but in DE you are probably used to some sort of dictate. :( Nevermind, I got the answer for what I've wanted to know and adjust my participation accordingly.
I hope you understand that YOU had the same possibility to create and submit an idea and win amazing prizes with the contest. I am sure if more people would have put effort into designing the event, we could have much more variety at the voting.

rel1

Unassigned
hmm 46 vs 42 battles when you can have 60 players in a team... that means every attack 14 players extra and in defence 18 players extra... a little bit too much i think, should be only 50 players allowed in a team, whats the point of having so many extra players when 1/4 of them cant even play?

rel1

Unassigned
with only 50 players in a team you might have even more teams registered, not much extra players, only 4 in attack, 8 in defence. Plus it would depend even more what characters teams choose. And less players angry that they couldnt be on a battle because of too many players registered

Al Sah-him

Unassigned
60 players in team reduces players offline. not everyone can be online at all battles, and each team can rotate players depending on enemy teams. need more dmg? more duellers, more hp? more soldier and worker.

rel1

Unassigned
yeah thats the point, if there would be only 50 players allowed, you need to strategize even more what characters you choose...

firet0uch

Unassigned
yeah thats the point, if there would be only 50 players allowed, you need to strategize even more what characters you choose...
there is a posibility to have Fights with 50 attackers. only 50 members in a Team is therefor not an option!

Status
Not open for further replies.