• Attention!
    • In order to participate in the discussion, you need an account on forum.events.the-west.net.​
      • If you have a game account, register a forum account here: Create forum account
        Important: You cannot comment with your account from your home server (e.g. you cannot vote with an account from the German servers)! You have to have a separate registration on our Events Server!​
      • If you don't have a game account register here or send us an e-mail and we will create a game account for you: west-ts@support.innogames.com
        Please send us your desired nickname! Your account will be linked to the e-mail address from which you contact us! Please expect at least 48 hours for the account creation.​

IFBC 3 - discussion

Deleted User - 6898

Do not complain in the forum! for this reason i was banned I just registered here how can I do this
there is a big conspiracy

DeletedUser1089

I think you do mistake in counts in standings. Czech won both battles and have only four points. On the other hand, Hungary also won both battles and have six points... Did I miss something?

DeletedUser153

I think you do mistake in counts in standings. Czech won both battles and have only four points. On the other hand, Hungary also won both battles and have six points... Did I miss something?
You are right. There is/was a mistake. Thank you!

DeletedUser153

Also corrected ;)
I added now a list of all battles and results to prevent such mistakes in the future.
You can find it in the IFBC3 - schedule in the tab "Qualification - battle stats"

DeletedUser1107

What does it mean to be permanently banned because I complain about racist discourse?

Is racist discourse not a reason for punishment? I am insulted here, but I am the punishment again. will someone explain?

@firet0uch Will you not say anything as an event coordinator?

DeletedUser1096

Two things:

1. I saw NO consequences for anyone who didn't speak english in saloon's it's just a mess in all of them.
2. New stage rules say: "After this, we will have three days of break for every team to prepare for the upcoming tournament phase. " Are you freaking kidding me? You just made the last battle's VIP medal worth nothing. Or our premium also means nothing? We had 2 weeks, who can't properly play and have results between fights don't deserve to be called IFBC participants.

#deletethebreak

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser153

New stage rules say: "After this, we will have three days of break for every team to prepare for the upcoming tournament phase. " Are you freaking kidding me? You just made the last battle's VIP medal worth nothing. Or our premium also means nothing? We had 2 weeks, who can't properly play and have results between fights don't deserve to be called IFBC participants.
Until the tournament starts every player that startet on 06.04.2020 will have collected 90 nuggets from the daily login bonus.
This means you can activate the character bonus for 14 days and, waiting another 5 days, start another 14 days.
During this 23 remaining days you will again collect 60 nuggets, what will allow you to buy another 14 days character premium.
With doing this you will reach arround 17.06.2020 with full character bonus.
If you check how many battles we will have at the tournament (39) and calculating with 1.5 to 2 battles per day in average we will need 20 to 30 days for the tournament. And you will have premium for 42 days. So I don't see a problem with the premium at all.

1. I saw NO consequences for anyone who didn't speak english in saloon's it's just a mess in all of them.
Just because you don't see any, does not mean we did not take action if needed.

DeletedUser1096

Thanks for the rundown, you are right. I still don't understand the concept of break, yes our team might not need it but other do, but for what really? We have time between battles, I'd ask the players if they need a break, I'm not tryna decide alone. With all respect,
Aston*

DeletedUser153

Why we need a break is pretty easy:
Maybe we need decider circuits.
With a initiating every battle Minimum 24 hours in advance we need ~ 2*48 from the last circuit of the qualification to the first circuit of the tournament.
-> 3 days break.

kuro90

Unassigned
Thanks for the rundown, you are right. I still don't understand the concept of break, yes our team might not need it but other do, but for what really? We have time between battles, I'd ask the players if they need a break, I'm not tryna decide alone. With all respect,
Aston*

We don't know in advance which will be the outcome of every group. For that reason, we've decided to have a room of 3 days if any "extra" circuit would be necessary, in the case of there will be teams with the same points at the end of groups' stage.

lulumcnoob

Unassigned
So this is lots of fun, the circuits are really tense as they often come down to a round or two difference, which is very exciting to play and watch (and dare I even say balanced!). Along with the Twitch commentary from Mr Anonymous, it's the most fun I've had on The West in a number of years. Thanks again to the event organisers for finding a way to make this work given the dire situation of PvP in this game.
I understand the effort involved from the organisers and the player-leaders, but I for one would love to see more international Fort events soon. The future looks a lot brighter if you continue with them! In my ideal world, we would also use this branch as a vessel for testing fort battle balance changes, getting feedback from the best fort fighters in the game in a controlled environment.

I would however like to take a moment to just appreciate the absolute state of small fort battles, outside of the context of a circuit.

We have many "extra" worlds on .net which can't support medium or large battles, and no migration routes out of dead worlds exist. This "traps" active PvP players in worlds which can only offer unbalanced small battles. I know it's also the same situation on a lot of servers from chatting to the lovely international player-base here. So Small forts are very relevant to the wider game at the moment. Maybe someone knows why we never equalised the attacker and defender numbers? I know at least Beta and .de have experimented with it...

UCz2MFF.png
wYfzv1r.png
PDqgpbB.png

Anyway, I also just wanted to let every single one of you know how much I appreciate the efforts of so many people from all of the teams here, it's a lot of work to essentially organise 2 teams at once, but we are doing a damn good job of it, and it makes for some really enjoyable battles!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 6799

we would also use this branch as a vessel for testing fort battle balance changes, getting feedback from the best fort fighters in the game in a controlled environment.
Yes! This is the perfect time to see the situation of the game without any (upgradable) OP Nugget sets and all

Perfect time to see even the R.Livingston, the best Hp set of all times with Resist bonuses, failing against Murrieta which came more than a half year ago, regardless of Tower bonuses.
Maybe someone knows why we never equalised the attacker and defender numbers?
I would love to see Defense being increased to 45 (like in Beta) for this Tournament at least..
3 people (especially with towers) would help a lot.

Normal/open servers is a different story..
As Towers, let alone Walls, are irrelevant against Union/Mosey. I mean, they barely help against Murrieta, if any, lol.

DeletedUser1096

You still have to WIN your attack before the others could. You are not winning your defense because you are not supposed to. The game is made for online and offline players too. We are playing with almost perfect numbers. Normal servers make balance by having VERY bad players, sets and skills mixed with very good ones. Here -i guess- are the top players playing, but for the biggest part of the pie, they are ONLINE. Which makes attack way more easy.

Don't change bonuses, learn to win before the enemy does. Cheers.

ps: Do you know who that 50vs42 defender win is? :eek: ;)

lulumcnoob

Unassigned
You still have to WIN your attack before the others could. You are not winning your defense because you are not supposed to. The game is made for online and offline players too. We are playing with almost perfect numbers. Normal servers make balance by having VERY bad players, sets and skills mixed with very good ones. Here -i guess- are the top players playing, but for the biggest part of the pie, they are ONLINE. Which makes attack way more easy.

Don't change bonuses, learn to win before the enemy does. Cheers.

ps: Do you know who that 50vs42 defender win is? :eek: ;)
No no I'm not complaining about the ifbc, and the game used to have large battles with full onliners, we should definitely try to find a good balance in those conditions for the modern game for small forts at least, as in the prime battle worlds we focus on larger forts for prime time, but could still potentially support a full online small off-primetime if it was worth playing them.

Deleted User - 6799

but for the biggest part of the pie, they are ONLINE. Which makes attack way more easy.
Guess what, Defenders are ONLINE too (and mounted)

We are talking of the situation the game is in. (That Attackers & Damagers favored too much)
Thought it was clear. I even put there a colored link.

DeletedUser1096

You talk on the same page but one says its not ifbc the other does? I mean small forts are not for normal servers anymore, the best decision is to play in medium or big. If you can’t then the world is pretty much dead. By the way damage might worth too much, but the forts are in almost the same ratio . 1:0,86 attacker:defender so with good balance of people you should have a balanced small fort on your dying pile of potatoes