• Attention!
    • In order to participate in the discussion, you need an account on forum.events.the-west.net.​
      • If you have a game account, register a forum account here: Create forum account
        Important: You cannot comment with your account from your home server (e.g. you cannot vote with an account from the German servers)! You have to have a separate registration on our Events Server!​
      • If you don't have a game account register here or send us an e-mail and we will create a game account for you: west-ts@support.innogames.com
        Please send us your desired nickname! Your account will be linked to the e-mail address from which you contact us! Please expect at least 48 hours for the account creation.​

Feedback New Fort Battle formula feedback

Deleted User - 4781

Doesn't matter if the game will be dead in a year anyway tbh

Deleted User - 6799

They should neither lose their uniqueness for Classes nor become practically useless for others. Afterall, we need Tanks & Damagers in all Towers to stand a chance as Defenders.

And right now, the bonus a Tower gives is equal to the class bonus (except Smalls) and while it made sense before, it doesnt with such high bonuses.
I don't suggest a big nerf and if you nerf both, I think they will be ineffective against Attackers again.

Too bad we no longer fill Attacks and have decent LoS Focusing to judge better.
We will have many more upgrades now though, and I think that will help to Attackers more than Defenders, if Attackers are using LoS to their advantage as they must.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16

Is this whole formula being devised by duelers/ "damagers" (which shouldn't even be a term in the game)?
#1 Duelers ff because they love to do damage. Great, let them do that, but not enough to ruin the game. The entire problem with battles started when leadership became the defining factor in damage. The whole problem could be fixed by lowering max damage anyone can do on one normal (non-crit) hit to ~900.

#2 Soldiers love to dodge. Eating bullets cuz you have some resistance is a bonus, but they mainly want to dodge. Resistance has never been anything other then a way to get killed 1-2 rounds slower. The battles these days suck because soldiers stopped turning up to be "damager" fodder, so please do some work on the dodge formula, which does not seem to have got a mention in any discussions.

#3 Workers, as the traditionally suckiest class, got a boost to turn them into a hybrid/uber class, which went too far. Please nerf workers a bit. 10-15%at least, they should not be uber class, just hybrid. if you want a definition of hybrid, google it.

#4, 5 6 and 7 Adventurers have gained nothing from this update. Nothing more to say, advents get screwed on every formula change, it seems this will be no different. I'd say give the 5-10% more chance to ghost, but with this update it won't matter much.

And of course here we are, at this point with an announcement about the goals of this formula. Apparently we're near the final product, and it will suck. Why? The giant elephant in the room... Union set.

lordofgods

Unassigned
The giant elephant in the room... Union set.

I think this might be an unusual opinion...
Union set is OverPowered...too much SP(Skill Points). However, the game was going on this crazy damage train long ago, and didn't seem to want to stop.
By that I mean, the main problem is the Damage/Resist Formulas...and many other things. The Power creep was a constant, and we can all agree that overall Damager clothes >> Tank clothes. Some people say that Union set is a 2022 (or some time in the future) kind of set...And this makes you wonder, doesn't it.

It is true that the formula changes seem not keen on balancing that overpowered set, We can all agree that is very unlikely that "they" will nerf (reduce stats) the Union set, I'm all for protesting for what you believe...so keep going. We need some measures to close the gap between this Set and the non-premium ones, at least a little bit. So please, Protest about the Union set...but also give some ideas on how it could be done. (I also believe that none of this matters, but there is a slight chance that someone reads this and works on some concrete ideas).

1) Better tweaks to the Damage Formula
2) %Bases Resistance (for example: reducing 30% of all incoming shots damage, 1500Shot would be 1050 and 1200Shot would be 840, 1500-1200=300 and 1050-840=210 so you closed the gap by 90 Damage just with this change, that also helps in many other ways)
3) Somewhat related to 1), but PLEASE remove: (Weapon + SectorDamage) * Multiply to simply being > SectorDamage+(Weapon)*Multiplier, also reducing a lot of Damage, also helping out the little Tankers
4)Try out some Damage distance penalty (percentage)...This with the current mindset of making more balanced builds with 8000HP efficiency, this would encorage even more Damagers getting even closer to the enemy. Also would encorage for more HP builds...that seems to be the Goal. The furthering of Distance penalty (reducing Attack) is already nice, and might be enough.
5)...Give some ideas ^^
6) I don't think Having the same SP on a Tank set would be good, the changes above would satisfy our needs, and the reverse could also happen (a Tank meta!) so be careful for what you ask for.

As said before by the community, there is still so much to fix. Please keep on making the changes (at a steady pace) so that we can test them. I'm not a fan of the current changes and think it would actually get worse in our own country servers, but I'm still hopeful for some really good things to come out of this! Keep on making changes, some of them we will get right!

rel1

Unassigned
Is this whole formula being devised by duelers/ "damagers" (which shouldn't even be a term in the game)?
#1 Duelers ff because they love to do damage. Great, let them do that, but not enough to ruin the game. The entire problem with battles started when leadership became the defining factor in damage. The whole problem could be fixed by lowering max damage anyone can do on one normal (non-crit) hit to ~900.
This is probably the only way to nerf union set and I definitely agree with that

Deleted User - 6799

Can't set such a static number.. since power-creep happens with Hp too (although not as fast as Damage)

I will just link this here. Instead of writing same things again and again.

As said before by the community, there is still so much to fix. Please keep on making the changes (at a steady pace) so that we can test them. I'm not a fan of the current changes and think it would actually get worse in our own country servers, but I'm still hopeful for some really good things to come out of this! Keep on making changes, some of them we will get right!
Apparently no changes this week and it's likely that we will have to wait 2 more weeks. Assuming, and hoping, that, we are NOT done yet.
But I don't think further testing with the current settings will do any good.

Deleted User - 340

If anyone still cares about the schedule i have a small anouncement . Probably i either stop setting battles or set small fights only.

Around 100 people are supporting those fights so there is no point playing battles on big/medium forts. I thought we could do "something more" with this schedule but after all, 90% of the players gave up way to early.

If you have anything else to propuse you are free to do it.

Deleted User - 5772

I'm pretty sure the developers are aware of the situation and are planning out the next changes. So, the best we can do is wait and see what is in the pipeline.

I mostly wanted to talk about something no one else seems to have touched on - FF rewards. Some players go to battles for the tactical aspect, others go for getting nice numbers (damage/dodges), but the vast majority turn up for FFs hopeful of good rewards. This is true in how high turnouts are for GM Awesomia FFs with extra rewards and especially for events like the coin event. In the latter, we saw worlds having overfilled big FFs every single day because - rewards. There was some reward you could get just by turning up and that encouraged more non FFers to show up.

Quoting from @lulumcnoob 's post in another forum

Rewards and Other ideas to be initially tested:
- Bring back random drops in fort battles, create a new reward pool that's good enough to encourage attendance
- 1 additional bond for adventurers every time they "ghost" a shot
- 0.1/0.2 additional bonds for every 1k of health points lost during the battle
- Harambe is still lost but never forgotten.
- New daily Fort Quests, with different objectives and rewards good enough to increase attendance (@Harsha.. )
- Custom Avatars for Fort Battle Leaders (@Harsha.. )

We already have random drops - various crafted products. I'd say this is a great first step, but I wanted to know more details - is this unique only for the event server or can we expect to get the same drops when it is released on regular servers?

Apart from random drops, improving bond rewards should be considered, like for adventurer ghosting and loss of HP as in the quoted post. We already have two daily FF quests - but that's much too minor, they can very easily be built up on and further evolved to make it more interesting. Basically, the rewards improvement should come in two key areas - first that anyone can easily get just by showing up to improve basic turnouts on all worlds and second, better rewards for good FF performance, encouraging people to improve their builds and skill for FF.

kasza1987

Unassigned
Positve things:
Free item,

Negative things:
Too many fort bonus, 170 dodge, one clever adventures never shot in own tower.
Now give some new item, but really server almost everbody play upraged set.
Some player is using Union clothes set, and the summer Spirits set, and few character using El gringo clothes and weapon set.
I think now they will be king in fort battle.
Very less people test for now formula,
You give all time fake result.
I know one of Hungary server. the fort battle is maybe full (big fort) maybe speak with them and some gift (buff, extra bods, nuggets) and new system test there.
Better idea than now 40/13. 46/25 end ect
The server last evening 120/104
I know do not full all time but but we are working so next time we will be full on fort battle.
(average day, not admin organized fort battle.

Hungary Florida server

Deleted User - 8685

THIS.,, addresses the root cause of fort fighting issue..damage, ABSURD DAMAGE!

Doing just this will fix..

1. Pretty much everything.
2. Union set issue - this will still be a superior set, but, not as OP as now.
3. Insanely high damages - this ruined the game for tanks and advents. Many of em stopped fort fighting, some even quit the game.
4. Non-dueler pure leadership builds - You know something's crazily wrong when you see non-duelers topping the damage list regularly. Duelers are masters of damage period No other class should beat them at it.

Capping max non-critical damage will discourage non-duelers opting leadership damage builds, which i think is need of the hour. People will once again, appreciate and enjoy their class bonuses.

Apart from this capping thing, I do not think anything else is needed to be done on current ff formula we are using on regular worlds.

And, Yes Raider, power creep happens with HP too..but, capping damage will not make them tanks insanely OP, It'll just help them block a sector/survive a couple of extra rounds. Unless..Inno releases a new set as ridiculous as Union but with HP

Deleted User - 6799

New Damage formula:
( Weapon Damage + Sector Damage ) x ( 1 + [max(0, (min(skill1, leadership, aiming)^0.8 + median(skill1, leadership, aiming)^0.7 + max(skill1, leadership, aiming)^0.6 − |maxHealth ÷ 10 − mean(skill1, leadership, aiming)|^0.6) ÷ 400)] )
I believe, replacing that specific ^0.6 with ^0.7 will fix the "no penalty" issue to a degree.

Same with Resist formula's.
But.. that still doesn't make Resist & Dodge viable. Full Hp still survives the longest..
Even worse when Attacking.

Deleted User - 340

One more big essay. Here we go again :rolleyes:

So far we got none news about their thoughts on the formula but i am not going to stay on that. I hope at least they read our advices/suggestions on this tread.

What did we learn so far in a couple of weeks with this formula?

a) The new "damage" formula brought out the worst prospective of the fights. With that i mean, they destroyed the whole "wrong moves" penalty. Everyone and duellers mostly got affected from this formula and they will play with 4-5k hp at least. Someone will ask,
" Whats the problem with that mate? "
The problem is, if someone accidentally moves to a wrong spot or even worse being a noob who doesn't know how to play fortfights he gets an insane buff on his overall character. A wrong move which gets you against 4-5 soldiers having los on you, will not get you punished. You will BE ABLE to survive. This type of tactic in the game got destroyed. A new player in fortfights is completly the same with a 10years old player.

b) We are talking about changes in the formula etc, but no one talks about the character bonus. Lets take for example the dueller.
A 70 level dueller with a decent or none fortbattle clothing/riffle is ABLE to do -10% damage (via critical) to a 20k soldier. So a dueller will be able to do 1500 damage with stone as his gun and as 70 LEVEL. Is that health ? No. So what do i suggest ?

-10% hp of the enemy's healh => +50% more damage to the enemy

Easy as that. This way you will reduce dramatically the output damage without even changing the formula.

The only category which got a renew and actually lives to 2020 is the worker (soldier always has the same value).

All the character bonus belongs to 2010. Believe it or not, we live in 2020.

c) Why did we ignore the whole idea of %ressistance ? It makes the "shot" more personal than having a raw 300 ressistance.
Try that to. We are here to test.

I will add couple of more changes that must happen but as spoiler because they don't belong on this thread

. All bonuses are with premium !

Dueller:
-10% hp of the enemy's healh => +50% more damage to the enemy
He already has unique bonuses and should stay like that.

Adventurer: we have buffs/clothes which gives +200% overall luck for the jobs. Its a shame for the adventurer to have such low bonuses. The bonuses and the character overall is countered by his own luck. So there is no raw buff with these changes, just a slightly buff.

+20% chance of fiding a product during work => +40% chance of fiding a product during work
+20% chance of fiding an item during work => +40% chance of fiding an item during work
You can use up to foreign hotel 4 room for free => Delete the bonus or add foreign barracks of a fort to. (sleeping with tons of buffs available is irrelevant.)
-20% chance of getting hurt during a work => -40% chance of getting hurt during a work
you have 50% chance to dodge to keep from being hit for the rest of the round => " you have 60% ...of the round "

Worker is perfect. 2020 bonus character
Soldiers are always relevant and good

Later today or tomorrow i will revisit the whole damage formula and i'll give you my prospective on how you should set it. I hope that helps.

We got awesome ideas about the game and we only want a couple of lines of code to be changed.

kasza1987

Unassigned
I dont know how i can start this my novel. I try short, because nobody like read long things.

The new formule.
Ok it is unfair only leadership give damage. But everybody give, sector damage and buff. So I think realy fort battle, Lots of character damage growing, calculate 1000 damage and 20k hp and 1200 damage 1590 hp, It is so funny.

Distance no more long shot.

What is the problem?
Fort bonus too high, some worker make 400-450 attack fort battle, and 350 dodge in tower. And attacker 160 attack fort and 120 dodge. I like it. Never kill.
The distance nerf it is funny then protect fort. I give -30 arrack fort i dont care becasue i have 450-30=420 and attacker 160-30=130.

The character bonus is soo good.
Dualer
Map speed 10%.
Please told me more : baker, station manager set, henry miller, and lots of item give speed and, lots of item give speed . I realy need more speed all dualer.
Dual motivation.
https://prnt.sc/te93qe this buff give motivation but dualer need more.
10% more money from dual.
that would be a good idea, but nobady running 10k$ only 1000$ or less. And bank millio dollar I have got (65 millio dollar)
Critical
Only one thing but need lots of lucky becasuse 0-10 times on bottle, If new damaga all time 50% damage is good, but again need luck is very bad idea.
Ok i know is unfair to many damage but too many tank.
15 min can't walk
realy 5 mins all i can round for a map, and not best of set and no upraged.
Instens
I see cothes and other 180 attribute skill and 500 skill points? All dualer give fake information.

Adventure:
Now balanced, It will be good, but fort battle bonus dont be bug, and i think never shot in tower with 15k hp

Worker.
New fort battle bonus is too strong.

Soldier.
Life bonus
How can i say " He already has unique bonuses and should stay like that. " But i thing nerf damage nerf crit, need nerf life. because 30k hp soldier*9 in soldier tower and leadership bonus, and sector damage, and buff and more thing.

Lower bonus weapon,
Every good item leves generation. Nobody using shop item, and max level 150 but weapon max level 135. It is fase skill

Taktik bonus.
Lower weapons and tactica bunus is thinks is dualer or soldier, Something no good.

Leardship bonus
I dont know how will be chacnge fort battle with new skill.

And little more.
Shop item, why noobody use, nobody care, sometimes need 1 clothes for quest.

I think finish :D It is shot versio

kasza1987

Unassigned
And i told and again.
No uniun set, animal spirti set and el gringo set.
We can't uprage for item all item level 0, realy server 2-3 level all item.
Please tell me test server fort battle 20-50 player go fort battle, how can test? All time give fake issue.
Forexample Hungary florida sever
230-250 player go fort battle, we use big fort, sometimes problem now player limit

kasza1987

Unassigned
And last quest
how win this fort battle without long shot?
Red cube shot attecker shot adventure
Blue shot north wall see attecker
Defender team half ofline.
Attacker online.
Idea?
It is not realy fort fight but all time problem big fort.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 13

rel1

Unassigned
And last quest
how win this fort battle without long shot?
Red cube shot attecker shot adventure
Blue shot north wall see attecker
Defender team half ofline.
Attacker online.
Idea?
It is not realy fort fight but all time problem big fort.
please just learn english or otherwise dont even write here ... it hurts to read your post, no offence