• Attention!
    • In order to participate in the discussion, you need an account on forum.events.the-west.net.​
      • If you have a game account, register a forum account here: Create forum account
        Important: You cannot comment with your account from your home server (e.g. you cannot vote with an account from the German servers)! You have to have a separate registration on our Events Server!​
      • If you don't have a game account register here or send us an e-mail and we will create a game account for you: west-ts@support.innogames.com
        Please send us your desired nickname! Your account will be linked to the e-mail address from which you contact us! Please expect at least 48 hours for the account creation.​

Feedback New Fort Battle formula feedback

rel1

Unassigned
well, we can all say that the bonus of towers is now extremely overpowered, and it needs to be fixed as soon as possible, because attack has zero chance

Deleted User - 6799

There has just been an update. I see bonuses almost halved.
Flag debuffs still a bit too high though.

Don't know if there are other changes.

Deleted User - 5772

Safe to say, I find the intent to try out new things quite heartening. At present, the changes vis-a vis tower bonuses still seem quite fluid and subject to change, so won't comment on them, until a final combination has been arrived at and we have had time to test it out more thoroughly.

But, the thing I wanted to ask is if there are any plans in the pipeline to tinker with character bonuses? - especially the ones for adventurer class. In the long term under the new changes, I can envision the other three classes leveraging them to their advantage, but mostly adventurers' bonus is still geared towards the overall team's benefit rather than a direct personal reward. Some tinkering with that specfic class and making it more appealing would encourage more adventurers to go to battles in the long term, and that would be significant as they make up the vast bulk of the playerbase.

Deleted User - 6799

Before coming to Class bonuses, that has become somewhat irrelevant as of late, it would be good to decide what is the real aim and say it to us.

From what I understand "Hp arms race" isn't wanted , but these formulas don't really penalise Big Hp.
And it appears, those old builds with lots of Hp (like 20k+) still has the highest survivability than the ones with "Balanced" builds.

On the other hand, 0-Hp Damagers (let alone Tanks) don't seem to be very viable anymore. I don't think it's a great idea.
I mean, difference is negligible. I'd rather have High Hp with Damager gear, or Tank gear but balanced skills to survive longer but do almost same Damage.
Only downside would be the Dodge & Hit ratios, but so far I don't really see any difference. Will new skills based "high-ground" bonuses provide that? Maybe.
(For the record, I'm not against the Tanks doing more damage than ridiculous 200-300 something)

Also.. Do we not want to close the gap between Nugget & Tombola sets?
I mean.. penalty part of both formulas seems to be increased by High skills if you are Low-Hp, but lowered if you have enough Hp. Which is the part of the reason how Tanks with Union is extremely effective.
In any case that ^0.6 part lowers any penalty by a lot..

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 6799

Screenshot_1.png
Full small fort (50-46, as it says) but hit ratios are still ughhh as Attackers. Absolute no chance to win with 1.5x Hp, and somewhat same amount of Duelers.

Could nerf distance penalty a little bit perhaps

Deleted User - 340

I agree with that. Distance penalty + new fort bonus are kinda op at the moment.
In my opinion our goal should be to make a fight as 50-50 as possible. If we manage to do that , then the only extra factor you will need to win a battle it will be your tactic.

Many could say that there is no way to make 50-50 because players can't have the same guns both side, maybe Defenders have better guns etc. If we manage to succeed a 50-50 formula this percentage will not going to change a lot if you add (new sets, union officer etc) . It may go 60-40, thats respectable to.

The old formula had many circumstances which were favor one side and you couldn't do s**t about that.

Also consider please to inform us about your opinion @Diggo11 and rest ot the team who are envolved and making changes on this formula.
It would be awesome to know your point of view about the current state of the battles and what you want to change next.

One last thing, if we are consider of adding new sets like mossey for example and other premium or non premium sets, please first make a stable version of the formula. There is no reason to add new sets in the test server when the formula is not ready yet.

Deleted User - 2582

https://forum.events.the-west.net/index.php?threads/fortbattles-schedule.52423/post-56682

3/7 Big Forts:

13:00
- De La Warr
18:00
- Romania
21:00
- CZECH FORT

4/7 Medium Forts:

13:00 - not declared yet
18:00 - not declared yet
21:00 - not declared yet

5/7 Small Forts:

13:00 - not declared yet
18:00 - not declared yet
21:00 - not declared yet
Quite a wishful thinking to get 3 decent big fights a day and so many unhappy players on 5/7 who don't fit into any battles.
I dont think this kind of schedule will work. majority of players will only join 1 battle a day, it will be hard to fill larges or mediums 3 times a day. Unless it's fine to have 60 vs. 60 battles for testing?

Better dig each size once a day and maybe adjust a times little to fit for most ;
08:00-13:00 -small
17:00-20.00 -medium
21:00-00:00 -large

Deleted User - 340

Quite a wishful thinking to get 3 decent big fights a day and so many unhappy players on 5/7 who don't fit into any battles.
I dont think this kind of schedule will work. majority of players will only join 1 battle a day, it will be hard to fill larges or mediums 3 times a day. Unless it's fine to have 60 vs. 60 battles for testing?

Our main goal with this program is to:
make a schedule so we don't have multiple battles per day and on random times.
This schedule is a 3day trial. Of course is not going to stay like this. If we can't fill 3 big fights per day we will stick with 1-2. Same for the rest forts.
If someone wants to extract data for small forts for example he will know exactly which days we played small forts and he will focus on those days.

Better dig each size once a day and maybe adjust a times little to fit for most ;
08:00-13:00 -small
17:00-20.00 -medium
21:00-00:00 -large

Thats the second type of schedule we are going to try. :)

Deleted User - 6799

Well 3 bigs wasnt a great idea obviously. 2? Maybe.
In any case we are lacking Attackers as of late.. Ironic how things were the exact opposite :D

And those random digs still happening.

lulumcnoob

Unassigned
Medium battle around midday, Large in prime time and a small at night?

People also seem to prefer a real town's attack over a NPC town attack, most likely due to ranking.

Deleted User - 6799

First: All non-GM digs must be cancelled
Second: There needs to be some requirement for both sides so that majority doesn't end up in Defense

darkuletzz

Unassigned
How its possible that a soldier with 21k stay 14 rounds on a tower in front of 30 people, this formula its more bad than the previous one.
Just nerf the leadership, it s just simple, not going to work that everyone shooting with 900, a worker with 10k dodged 120 shots yersterday, this is unbearable.

Last edited:

open your mind

Unassigned
-damage formula is almost ok, but high HP players still make too much damage: increase the HP penalty in the formula

tower bonus is too good (right now it is +72 +52 +45 in the small fort, and it used to be +24 +18 +15), i would lowered it a bit (maybe x2 instead of x3 that is right now), because:
-high HP players dodge too much
-high damage players have ridiculous attack value on the towers
and all that result in almost impossible attacks

darkuletzz

Unassigned
The towers were ok when The bonus was not that much increased, if you nerf damage and increase resistabce. You can not make a soldier dodge 30 rounds.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 6799

tower bonus is too good (right now it is +72 +52 +45 in the small fort, and it used to be +24 +18 +15), i would lowered it a bit (maybe x2 instead of x3 that is right now), because:
-high HP players dodge too much
-high damage players have ridiculous attack value on the towers
and all that result in almost impossible attacks
I think there are 2 reasons behind;
1-Class bonuses of Towers are a bit too high.
2-Attack (Hit chance) bonuses are a bit too high compared to Defense bonuses.

I'd love to see unique bonuses for Walls, Buildings to make them somewhat viable compared to Towers tho.

open your mind

Unassigned
I think there are 2 reasons behind;
1-Class bonuses of Towers are a bit too high.
2-Attack (Hit chance) bonuses are a bit too high compared to Defense bonuses.

I'd love to see unique bonuses for Walls, Buildings to make them somewhat viable compared to Towers tho.

i think all 3 bonuses of towers are too high, not only class bonus; if you lower only class bonus towers almost "lose" their specificity for the 4 classes, and i don't like it

in general all the work done with the various changes is quite good but some points (mentioned above in my previous post) must be fixed